• Montgomery County Schools
    Pre-K and K-12 Enrollment Process

    We are looking forward to working with you and your child throughout their educational journey with Montgomery County Schools. The information on this page will be useful as you enroll your child for any grade, Pre-K through 12th grade. Please note that any child who will be entering kindergarten must be five years of age on or before August 31st when entering the school year. 

    If you are a new resident of Montgomery County, enrolling a student in school takes place utilizing the online application. Parents/guardians will need to upload the appropriate documents online. If you have trouble uploading documents or need assistance, contact Brooke Howell at brooke.howell@montgomery.k12.nc.us.

    You can view the appropriate documents needed for verification by clicking HERE.

    Click HERE to fill out K-12 Enrollment (English) 
    Click HERE to fill out K-12 Enrollment (Spanish)
    Click HERE to fill out Pre-K Enrollment (English)
    Click HERE to fill out Pre-K Enrollment (Spanish)
    Please reference the Pre-K & K-12 Frequently Asked Questions that can be found HERE in English and HERE in Spanish with any questions, or contact Brooke Howell at brooke.howell@montgomery.k12.nc.us
    If you have any questions regarding Pre-K Enrollment, contact Vance Thomas at vance.thomas@montgomery.k12.nc.us
    In-County Student Transfers
    • Student transfers will only be considered during the transfer window, which is open from May 1st - June 1st of the upcoming school year. A link will be provided during the transfer window with directions on how to complete an in-county transfer. 
    • Requests for transfers will only be approved when classroom space is available.
    • If you have moved districts within Montgomery County, you will need to provide proof of address to the new school. 
    • Requests for transfer must be filed for each child regardless of previous family member school assignments.
    • Transportation will not be provided.
    • If tardiness, attendance, behavior, or overcrowding becomes a problem, the student will be returned to their assigned school.
    • Once a student's initial transfer has been approved, the transfer is valid until their grade promotion includes changing schools (ex. elementary school to middle school or middle school to high school)

    Transfers for Students Living Outside of Montgomery County Schools  

    • Click HERE to complete an application for transfer to Montgomery County Schools 
    • Click HERE to complete an application to release a child from Montgomery County Schools