WelcomeAction Plan for Freshmen YearFall
- Meet with your couselor to discuss your college plans. Review your schedule with him or her to make sure you're enrolled in challenging classes that will help you prepare for college.
- Use College Search to find out the required courses and tests of colleges that you might be interested in attending.
- Start a calendar with important dates and deadlines.
- Get more involved with your extracurricular activities
Go to college fairs in your area.
- Learn about college costs and how financial aid works.
- Visit colleges while they're in session.
- Find out about college firsthand from college friends who are home for the holidays.
Talk to your counselor and teachers about taking the SAT and ACT.
Here are some websites to help you start thinking about what career is the best fit for you and getting accustomed to high school.
- Look for a great summer opportunity— job, internship, or volunteer position.
Check with your counselor and search online for summer school programs for high school students at colleges
Start a summer reading list. Ask your teachers to recommend books.
Plan to visit college campuses to get a feel for your options. Start with colleges near you.
Finalize your summer plans.