• History
     

    The National Beta Club began as the dream of our founder, Dr. John W. Harris, a professor at Wofford College in Spartanburg, SC. Since the first Beta Club was formed in Landrum, SC in 1934, The National Beta Club has become the nation's largest independent, non-profit, educational youth organization. We are committed to recognizing and promoting high academic achievement, rewarding and nurturing worthy character, fostering leadership skills and encouraging service to others.

    The National Beta Club has worked with over 6.5 million young people in grades 3-5 (Elementary Beta Club), grades 6-8 (Junior Beta Club), and grades 9-12 (Senior Beta Club). There are now more than 450,000 active members and more than 8,750 clubs nationally and internationally.


Last Modified on September 28, 2014