I am very excited to have your child in my first grade classroom. I look forward to a very successful school year. Below is information that will help the year go smoothly.
- School hours are from 7:55am–2:40pm. The cafeteria will serve breakfast from 7:25am until 7:55am. (Please encourage your child to eat a good breakfast since we have a late lunch time)
- Please allow your child to enter the building each morning on their own as this gives them a sense of independence and maturity. Also, instructional time begins at 7:55am so please have your child at school promptly. Tardy bell will ring at 7:55pm. Dismissal time will be 2:40pm daily.
- Homework will consist of reading (20 minutes nightly), and LetterLand homework.
- Please go over your child’s assignment(s) with them. The Letterland homework will be in your child’s red take home folder every Monday. It is important to get them in the habit of completing a portion of homework each night. Please encourage a designated time for your child to complete assignments at home. Place the homework in the folder and return it to school DAILY. If you need to send in notes, money, etc, send them to school in an envelope in the red folder. Please write your child’s name on the envelope too.
- If your child is absent, please send a note explaining the absence on the day he/she returns to school. We have to turn these into the office and they are kept on file in the office. This will determine excused or unexcused absences.
- If your child is going to go home a different way, the OFFICE must have written permission or only in extreme cases you can call to the office by 1:30pm.
- Please label all your child’s belongings with their name: jackets, book bags, lunch bags, etc.
- We will go to Lunch daily from 12:16-12:36. You are welcome and invited anytime to eat with your child. We are not allowed to heat student lunches in the microwave.
- Behavior: Our school will participate again in a behavior program this year called Positive Behavior Intervention and Support System. Please refer to Troy Elementary Handbook for details.
- Newsletters will be sent home with important classroom/school information in your child’s folder as well. Also, “remind” text messages will be sent out concerning additional school information.
- We will have a Snack Time (no candy) each day in our room. Preferably something that can be eaten quickly. Examples: a baggie of dry cereal, animal crackers, etc. Also, send a snack that can be eaten without a spoon or fork. Thank you!
- Our P.E. day with Mr. Mabe will be on Friday. *Athletic shoes are required* Our library day is Monday. Please return all library books each week!
- Important Dates: No school September 4th due to Labor Day Holiday
- Wish List: Clorox Wipes, Tissues, Hand Sanitizer, Pencils, Gallon Ziploc Bags, Glue sticks, Dry Erase Markers, Individually wrapped candy. We will greatly appreciate any donations you can give!
- Change of clothes: I do request that you send a change of clothes to keep in your child’s cubby in case of emergency or big spills. Please send them in a large zip lock bag with your child’s name on it.
I look forward to working with you and your child this year. Together we can make this a very successful and wonderful school year. Please feel free to contact me at any time with any questions or concerns at 910-576-3651 ext. 260 or by email email@example.com. You do not have to wait for parent-teacher conferences. I will meet with you to discuss your child’s academic success at any time. It is going to be a fabulous year!
Thank you for your support!
Mrs. Angela Krol