Student CouncilThe Student Council is the voice of the school. They represent the student body to the school administration and faculty. Elections are held at the start of each year. Officers and Home base representatives must be responsible, trustworthy, energetic and organized. They must maintain a minimum of a C average in all classes and AISI/Office referrals are not acceptable. They must also be willing to commit to the WMS Student Council Expectations and By-Laws.
The offices are: President 8th Grade
Vice-President 7th Grade
Secretary 6th Grade
Treasurer 8th Grade
1 Home base Representative from each class.
West Middle School Student Council
Expectations and By-Laws
Membership in student council is a serious commitment and the demands of membership are significant. Members are expected to conduct themselves in a manner fitting the office at all times.
A council member is expected to:
- Fulfill the duties of his or her elected role to the best of his or her abilities.
- To attend all meetings.
- To be knowledgeable of the student council expectations and By-Laws.
- To complete routine tasks assigned by the faculty advisor(s) concerning various student council projects.
- To maintain regular contact with the Home Base to which he or she is assigned.
- To meet additional outlined job requirements that apply to him or her, i.e. President, Vice President, Secretary, and Treasurer.
- To understand that a member of student council is a member every day, that his or her daily behavior represents the council, that the success of the council depends on his or her active engagement and respect for his or her elected office.