School Parking Regulations
1. Parking a vehicle on campus is considered a privilege for students. Each student who drives must buy his/her own parking tag. Students may NOT park on campus without a tag. Students may NOT share tags. Parking tags are NOT transferable. If a student no longer needs a tag, it must be turned in to the administration. Any vehicle that may be driven on campus by the student must be listed on the application.
2. The school is not responsible for damage to private vehicles. All vehicles must be licensed and covered by insurance. School administration will not mediate any disputes arising from vehicle accidents. It is the student’s responsibility to report any such accident to the NC Highway Patrol immediately.
3. It should be understood that video cameras are used to monitor the parking lots for safety reasons. All vehicles parked on campus may be subject to search if there is reasonable suspicion to believe that drugs, alcohol, or other contraband might be present in the vehicle. Drug dogs may be brought on campus and in the parking lots at any time. Any contraband discovered in the vehicle driven on campus by a student is considered to be in the possession of that student. Any other occupants of the vehicle may also face disciplinary action.
4. Parking tags are to be displayed while on campus. The tags are to be hung from the rearview mirror with the permit number facing to the outside.
5. Students may not park in any area of campus besides the parking lot they have been assigned to unless approved by the administrators. Violation of this may result in suspension of parking privileges. You MUST display the parking tag to park in the assigned lot.
6. There will be no speeding or reckless driving (including spinning tires) on school campus (including East Montgomery School Road). The speed limit on campus is 5 miles per hour.
7. Students must follow the designated traffic patterns and must not drive on any area which is not within these traffic patterns. Students seen driving cross grassy areas, across medians, around barriers or in other unauthorized areas will have their parking privilege suspended.
8. Driving yourself and/or another student off campus who has not legally checked out in the front office will result in suspension of parking privileges as well as disciplinary action.
9. Loitering or cruising in parking lots is not allowed. Once students arrive on campus, they must sign out at the front office to leave again.
10. Additional rules and procedures are in the Student Handbook. Students who drive to school agree to follow all rules governing driving to and parking on school campus. These rules will be strictly enforced. Monetary fines, suspension of driving privileges, towing, and suspension from school may be imposed when violations occur.
11. Please drive carefully and pay attention to any directions/instructions which might be posted or announced concerning parking.
For complete regulations, application, etc, click here to download.