Professional Development 2018-19
Instructional facilitators and Digital Learning Coaches provide additional professional development sessions based on school needs and requests.PD through NCEES/TNL - These modules can be implemented in a variety of ways. Professional learning communities (PLCs), whether online, offline, or in a hybrid format are a perfect forum to use these modules, but teachers can use them for self-directed learning as well.
- Aug. 1 K-5 Math Session at Page Street Elementary
- Aug. 2 Summer Camp - Technology Integration and Best Practices - at Page Street Elementary
- Aug 6-8 Leadership Academy for district and school leadership teams at Green Ridge Elementary
- Sept. 19 Early Release Day - PD Date for all schools - School specific
- Oct. 11 Early Relase Day - School Specific PD for Elementary School Teachers
- Nov. 1 Early Release Day - School Specific PD for Middle/High School Teachers
- Feb. 13 Early Release Day - PD Date for all schools
- Mar. 7 Early Release Day - Technology PD Re-Delivery for ACCESS Ambassadors (Elem)
- Mar. 28 Early Release Day - Technology PD Re-Delivery for ACCESS Ambassadors (Middle/HS)
Need Literacy Credits? Here are 2 online modules in TNL (True North Logic) for Literacy credits:
2509 The Reading and Writing Connection
3780 Helping Struggling Readers in the K-12 Classroom
There are other courses available. When you finish the course, email evidence of course completion, the course number, and title to email@example.com in order for your credits to be processed in HRMS.
NCCAT, now has a catalogue for online courses. If you take one of those courses, forward the NCCAT certificate to firstname.lastname@example.org in order for your credits to be processed in HRMS.NC DPI Wiki Central - All of the NC DPI wikis are accessible through this one site. Click on an area to find ready-made professional development options and tons of resources.