Office of the SuperintendentDr. Dale Ellis, Superintendent(910) 576-6511, ext. 223
Dr. Richard “Dale” Ellis has been the Superintendent of Montgomery County Schools since September 1, 2010.
He is the driving force behind the school system’s vision of graduating life-ready, globally competitive students that perform academically in the top 25 of NC school systems.
Under his leadership, Montgomery County Schools has made tremendous progress in the last two years with the implementation of a four-year strategic plan, which has greatly impacted student achievement. Listed below are a few selected accomplishments since September 1, 2010:
· Rallied community to pass ¼ cent sales tax to fund facility improvements
· Engaged community group to develop a long-term facilities improvement plan
· Balanced difficult budgets without cutting staff members
· Engaged community through creation of Your Schools 101 parent empowerment initiative
· Engaged staff in development of new Strategic Plan focused on continuous improvement
· Updated School Improvement Planning Process to align with new Strategic Plan
· Led process improvements in the classroom that led to 100% of schools meeting or exceeding expected growth for first time in the district’s history
Dr. Ellis holds an Ed.D. in Educational Leadership from Appalachian State University and an M.B.A. from Gardner-Webb University. He received his bachelor's degree in History and Secondary Education from Appalachian State University.Dr. Ellis resides in Mt. Gilead, NC with his wife, Alisha, and three children.Media DocumentsDr. Ellis' Biographical Sketch: Click here to download file