Due to the Memorial Day holiday, the schedule for our meal program will be adjusted for the week of May 25 – May 29. Meals will be available at our elementary sites and community locations on Tuesday, May 26 and Thursday, May 28. On Tuesday families will be able to pick up meals for Tuesday and Wednesday and on Thursday meals can be picked up for Thursday and Friday. The meal program will resume its normal schedule beginning June 1.
Our elementary school sites, which include Star, Green Ridge, Candor, Page Street, and Mt. Gilead Elementary Schools, as well as our community locations, will be operating on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday for meal pick-up and delivery. Our elementary sites will be open from 11:00 am until 1:00 pm. Our community locations and times will remain the same. They are listed below. Students will be able to pick up breakfast and lunch for the current day and for the following day.
Buses will be delivering lunches and breakfast for the following day to the following community sites at the designated times.
- C & M Trailer Park – 11:15 am
- Brutonville/Emmanuel Pentecostal Church – 11:40 am
- Geneva Court on Currie Road – 12:00 pm
- Pepsi Land Trailer Park – 11:30 am
- Belle Acres/Hummingbird Lane – 12:00 pm
- Acapulco Drive – 12:30 pm
- Weavertown/Mt. Moriah Church – 11:30 am
- Crosstown/Hood Chapel – 12:00 pm
- Forest Drive Apartments behind Bojangles – 12:30 pm
- Parkertown/St. Luke Church of God – 11:00 am
- Montgomery Learning Academy – 12:30 pm
- Rocky Knoll – 11:30 am
- Holt Circle Drive – 12:00 pm
- Black Ankle Convenience Store – 11:30 am
- Lamonds' Trailer Park – 12:30 pm
- Blakewood Apartments on West Main Street – 11:25 am
- Brentwood Apartments on Roslyn Road – 1:00 pm
- Center Street Apartments in Star – 12:45 pm
- Eldorado Outpost – 10:30 am
- Pine Haven – 11:00 am
- Badin Shores – 11:30 am
- Dollar General on Blaine Road – 12:00 pm
- Swift Island Boat Landing – 11:45 am
- Wadeville Baptist Church – 12:30 pm
- Emerywood Forest Apartments – 12:50 pm
We have a community volunteer in the Badin/Eldorado area that is willing to deliver lunch and breakfast to anyone in this area that cannot get to the Dollar General in Badin for food pick up. If you have a need and live in this area, please contact Donna Hurley at 1-704-985-9549.
Also, Communities In Schools of Montgomery County will be providing dinner for students this week, drive-thru style, from 4:00 to 6:00 pm on Monday at Candor Elementary, Wednesday at Star Elementary, and Friday at Troy Elementary. There will also be one community stop each night for dinner. The community stops are Belle Acres on Monday, Black Ankle Store on Wednesday, and Montgomery Learning Academy on Friday at 5:15 pm each night.